Schadenfreude is fun and all, and Marois was far from perfect, but let’s not forget a few things:
- She was our provinces first woman premier. I’m sure there were many glass ceilings that she had to break through to get there.
- She served the public for almost 35 years!
- She shut down the shameful practice of asbestos mining in Quebec.
- She was instrumental in implementing universal daycare.
- She was a strong defender of the rights of women.
Yeah, she had lots of faults too. Her charter of values was a terrible embarrassment to our province — She was une vieille matante and had pretty shitty xenophobic views – but I can list a bunch of people in my family who are the same (if not worse). I wouldn’t project the hate on them that she’s getting now.
Anyway, since she’s paying a pretty high price for her faults, maybe she should also get some credit for her accomplishments.
Just a thought.
Merci Mme Marois pour ton service exemplaire. Nous vous souhaitons une excellente et très longue retraite.
Now, back to Schadenfreude…